Friday 23 August 2013

overcome shyness

If you are troubled by shyness ...

Remember when you were in a room with people and had awkward hesitant feelings? Or not being comfortable approaching someone for business? Or wanting to ask someone for a date, but did not follow through? In these situations is there some force holding you back?
“Shyness is rooted in fear — an irrational fear of speaking up and being humiliated or ignored. Why are some people so afraid of speaking out? In my mind the main causes are oversensitivity and insecurity. When you associate speaking out with pain and embarrassment, you’ll do almost anything to avoid it.” John Wesley,PickTheBrain
 Shy feelings stem from self-consciousness, when too much of your focus of attention has shifted to yourself. Whether you are introverted or extraverted,  shyness has to do with being uncomfortable with yourself around other people. Although these feelings often decrease with adulthood, shyness can persist and become an imprisoning habit. 

Shyness is a major handicap for successful communication. It is important to work towards overcoming and eliminating the handicap. Action is required.  By learning people skills (free e-guide) as well as the strategies of self-confidence and self-management, you can become comfortable in social situations. As nervousness and awkwardness disappear, shyness will no longer be a problem.  

Public Service Guidance From Certified Expert

"In my early years with a working worried mother and mostly absent argumentative father, I was an only lonely child. My small family was at odds and I was unconnected with neighborhood kids. I badly suffered from shyness, bullies and shame.
It took a long while to see any improvements in my alienation, isolation and distressed emotions. I went along unhappily with less verbal communication and personal connection, but with more upsets, explosiveness, fantasies, suicidal ideas and attention deficits. My immediate family couldn’t help, and others wouldn’t or just acted like I should be different. 
What I needed was the opportunity to learn and to practice valuable skills. Wanting answers for the conflict, disappointment and despair, I searched many years for whatever could help. This included asking friends, listening to presumed experts, reading anything that seemed relevant and practicing the discovered skills. I became a psychology teacher, counselor and leader. Over the years, helping others has helped me as well. I’m still paying it back -- and forward." E.L. Lotecka

No comments:

Post a Comment